Safeco Launches iPhone Application
After you have been involved in a car accident, you need to call your insurance company and gather a lot of information in order to file your claim while you are still at the scene of the accident. Would you be thinking clearly enough to ensure that you got the required information? Safeco policyholders who have iPhones now have it a little easier with a free iPhone application. The app is designed to make it easier to work with Safeco when filing a claim.
Key features of the app are:
- Claim Submission Toolkit – Customers can capture information and photos from an auto or home incident immediately after it happens by using the Toolkit. Safeco understands how stressful a car accident or a leaky roof can be, so we included checklists to help customers gather the correct information. All they have to do is type in or photograph the relevant information, such as the other driver’s name and insurance information. After they call our Claims Department, they can e-mail the information to us. Note: The app is not meant to be a first notification of loss (FNOL), but is intended to make it easier to provide Safeco’s Claims Department with additional information about the incident. The app reminds the policyholder to call Safeco to file their claim prior to e-mailing the supplemental information or photos.
- Insurance ID cards and Policy Declaration Pages – Using the application, a policyholder can view their policy’s declaration page and insurance ID card right from their iPhone. If a customer doesn’t have a Safeco.com account, they will be directed to sign up on Safeco.com. Note: State governments do not yet accept digital ID cards as proof of insurance.
- Status of pending claims – Basic information about claims status, including their adjuster’s contact information, is also available through the application.
- Find an agent – Find a nearby agent with the handy map feature or search for one in any ZIP code. Existing customers find their agent’s contact information with their account information in the app.
- Roadside Assistance – Find out who to call when your car breaks down.
If you have an iPhone, download the app and try it out for yourself! Safeco plans to track the adoption of the iPhone application and if there is sufficient demand look at developing apps for other mobile phone systems.
Source – Safeco Insurance
Safco Insurance is a Liberty Mutual Agency Corporation company and a member of Liberty Mutual Group. In business for more than 95 years, Liberty Mutual Group is a Fortune 100 company and the fifth-largest property and casualty insurance company in the country. Liberty Mutual is also rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Are you getting car insurance for the first time or have an insurance requirement for SR-22 filing? Serenity Insurance can help – we offer auto insurance in 47 states for both preferred and high risk drivers. Call us toll free today at 1-800-774-0520 or use our car insurance quote form.