Cheap SR22 Insurance in MO
MO SR22 Requirements
In the State of Missouri it is illegal to drive a vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher. The limit is lower for drivers of commercial vehicles and also for drivers under the age of 21. In Missouri driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is called Driving While Intoxicated (DWI).
In Missouri the first conviction for a DWI conviction results in the following penalties:
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to $500 fine
- License suspension for 30 days
- Restricted license for 60 days after serving the full 30 day suspension
- A $45 license reinstatement fee
- SR22 required for proof of insurance
- Ignition interlock device may be ordered by the court
Subsequent DUI convictions cause the penalties to increase. The implied consent law in the State of Missouri requires a driver to submit to an alcohol or drug test when requested by a law enforcement officer. Failure to submit to this test results in the driver’s license being revoked for one year. Proof of financial responsibility (SR 22) must be maintained for two (2) years.
The minimum required liability insurance coverage is as follows:
- $25,000 for Bodily Injury Liability per person
- $50,000 for Bodily Injury Liability per accident
- $10,000 for Property Damage Liability per accident
- $25,000 for Uninsured Motorist coverage for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 for Uninsured Bodily Injury coverage per accident
The information contained in the above article is intended as informational and does not constitute legal or insurance advice. Insurance requirements in the state of Missouri are subject to change. Visit the Missouri Department of Insurance at http://insurance.mo.gov/
or the Missouri Department of Revenue at http://dor.mo.gov/
for current information.
Have you had a DUI, DWI, or other driving offense that required form SR 22 insurance filing or are you getting car insurance for the first time? Serenity Insurance can help – we offer car insurance in 47 states for both preferred and high risk drivers. Call us toll free today at 1-800-774-0520 or use our car insurance quote